Monday, August 27, 2012

Hey! It works!

As the school year kicks off in the United States, there are several postings on the moretprs forum of teachers who want to share the enthusiasm theTPRS method produces with their students.  Here is one of them:


I had a wonderful first week of school after attending the NTPRS conference. After doing some personal questions,I had students saying, "Ask me now. I want to be sure I understand too." I have never had a student ask me to ask him/her a question in Spanish in all my years of teaching. I never had so many students laughing in class either! So much more enjoyable for them and me. It really is all about personalization. At the end of four days they were able to read a story I wrote about a student from our school and one from a rival school. I hope I continue to land on my feet!

Kathleen

No comments: